Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Tunes

Music has been a big part of my life ever since I was little. In college I interned at Warner 
Music Group hoping to break into the industry. Unfortunately that didn’t happen for me. I entered the music industry when no one was buying music, instead stealing it off the internet, and I was one of the few that held the principle of buying music to support the artists that I loved. Today I spend a lot of time discovering new music on the internet and going to concerts. In August I’ll be going to FYF where I will see some of my favorite bands.

Here are the bands I’m listing to lately:

HAIM- This is an all chick band sister trio that is a mix of Wilson Phillips meets Paul Simon. I’m obsessed.


Phoenix-I just love how you can dance to all there songs


Arcade Fire- There newest able is really really different from the others, a lot more dance-y. I love it. There song Afterlife is by far my favorite and struck emotional chords within me that I cried the first time I heard it.


The Head and the Heart- I went to a house party where they played years ago and the next thing I knew they were huge! I always love a good folky band.



No comments:

Post a Comment